How to set a task with a video response
Creating a task in which students must record a video:
- Log in at lab.schoolshape.com. Click 'Blank' to create a new, blank resource.
- Enter a name for your activity
- Select 'Video' from the response section in the bottom right. A video screen should appear.
- Click into the text box above the video and enter instructions for the students
- Adjust the time limit for student recordings as desired using the up and down arrows on the video screen.
Setting this task for your students:
- Click 'Set' at the top of the screen.
- Select the required group of students, or click 'add' to create a new group.
- The 'More' tab offers the following options:
- to set a deadline
- to allow students to communicate using the notice board
- to share the task with colleagues by selecting a name from the list
- Click 'Set'.
To supervise or assess a task, select it from the Home screen.
If the task is set for homework, first check with students that they have microphones and webcams at home (most laptops, tablets and smartphones have both built in). You may wish to loan a small number of these from the IT department to hand out to students who don't have them at home.
Please bear in mind that if you are using the free version or audio language lab, the amount of recording space is limited.