How to record from a tape onto Schoolshape
Instructions to move audio from a tape recorder onto Schoolshape. We are considering introducing a postal service to cope with this need, so if you find yourself doing this frequently, please contact us.
- Connect the tape recorder 'line out' to computer 'line in' socket using cable (with minijack or phono connectors)
- Start up the recording software on computer, such as Audacity or Windows Sound Recorder
- Check input volume for 'line in' in 'Sounds, Speech + Audio Devices'
- Click 'record' in your recording program on your computer and press 'play' on tape recorder
- When the recording is finished, click 'stop' in your recording program on your computer, and save the file as mp3, e.g. 'Katie Jones.mp3'.
- In Schoolshape, navigate to the screen where you want to use the recording. The Schoolshape recorder/player should be displayed.
- In the bottom right corner of the Schoolshape recorder/player, click the spanner and then 'Upload' and navigate to the .mp3 file you wish to insert.