How to set a picture labelling task
Creating an automatically marked picture labelling activity:
- Find an appropriate picture. If it is on the internet, first save it to your computer by right-clicking on the picture and selecting 'Save image as...' (or similar, depending on your computer's setup).
- Log in at lab.schoolshape.com. Click 'Blank' to create a new, blank resource.
- Enter a name for your activity
- Select 'Picture labelling' from the palette on the right. A new activity should appear.
- Click on 'Click here to choose a picture...'
- Locate and select the picture you saved earlier.
- Wait for the 'Uploading...' progress bar to complete. The picture will now display.
- To add a label, click on the location you wish it to appear.
- Fill in the correct answer, and press Enter.
- Repeat steps 7 and 8 as necessary.
- If you wish incorrect capitalization to be marked wrong, click the little blue spanner in the top right of the picture, and choose 'Case sensitive'.
Setting this task for your students:
- Click 'Set' at the top of the screen.
- Select the required group of students, or click 'add' to create a new group.
- The 'More' tab offers the following options:
- to set a deadline
- to allow students to communicate using the notice board
- to share the task with colleagues by selecting a name from the list
- Click 'Set'.
To supervise or assess a task, select it from the Home screen.