How to moderate an examination
- Log in at lab.schoolshape.com.
(To receive a new password, click 'Lost password?' or contact us).
- Click 'Exams'.
- On the left of the moderation screen is a list of schools with the names of their candidates.
- Select any candidate and click the triangular button to play his/her recording. You may pause or stop at any time during playback.
- In the timeline the small, round yellow cursor can be dragged to any position in the recording.
- Below the player are the comments and marks awarded by the candidate's teacher. Edit the marks, as required. The original marks will then appear in brackets.
- If you wish to make a general comment, click on the name of the school and type in the 'Moderator's Comment' box.
- If you wish to send feedback on an individual performance, type next to the headings: 'Quality of recording', 'Candidate's performance', 'Quality of marking', 'Examiner's contribution' and 'Additional comments'
- Click 'Finish' to save your moderation. However, this will still be saved automatically.
- To move on to another candidate, either click on a name or click 'Next'.
- To check or redo any of your moderations, click on the candidate's name once more.