How to set a gap fill task
Creating an automatically marked gap-fill task from an existing text:
- Find an appropriate text, select and copy it (Ctrl-c)
- Log in at lab.schoolshape.com. Click 'Blank' to create a new, blank resource.
- Enter a name for your activity
- Select 'Gap Fill' from the palette on the right. A new activity should appear.
- Click into the new activity and paste the text (Ctrl-v)
- Double-click on a word you wish students to enter, or drag the mouse to select just a few letters
- Click 'Add Gap'
- Repeat 6 and 7 as necessary
Setting this task for your students:
- Click 'Set' at the top of the screen.
- Select the required group of students, or click 'add' to create a new group.
- The 'More' tab offers the following options:
- to set a deadline
- to allow students to communicate using the notice board
- to share the task with colleagues by selecting a name from the list
- Click 'Set'.
To supervise or assess a task, select it from the Home screen.