How to use a Youtube video
Add a Youtube video as a stimulus:
- Find an appropriate video on Youtube, and copy the address in the URL bar (Ctrl-c)
- Log in at lab.schoolshape.com. Click 'Blank' to create a new, blank resource.
- Enter a name for your activity
- Select Flash Animation' from the palette on the right. A new activity should appear.
- Click 'from Web', paste the address (Ctrl-v) into the box provided and click 'OK'.
- The Youtube video should appear on the screen.
Specifying how students should respond:
- To set questions requiring written answers, click 'Text' under 'Response' in the right hand panel.
- To set automatically marked multiple choice questions click 'Multiple Choice'.
- Other kinds of activity may be created similarly.
Setting this task for your students:
- Click 'Set' at the top of the screen.
- Select the required group of students, or click 'add' to create a new group.
- The 'More' tab offers the following options:
- to set a deadline
- to allow students to communicate using the notice board
- to share the task with colleagues by selecting a name from the list
- Click 'Set'.
To supervise or assess a task, select it from the Home screen.