How to set a reading task
Create a reading task:
- Log in at lab.schoolshape.com and click 'Reading'.
- The default name for the task is 'Reading activity'. Highlight this to edit.
- Enter your instructions in the space provided. You can paste the entire reading text here, or simply enter a textbook page reference. You can also add a link to any resource on the internet. How to add a link
Specifying how students should respond:
- To set questions requiring written answers, click 'Text' under 'Response' in the right hand panel.
- To set automatically marked multiple choice questions click 'Multiple Choice'.
- Other kinds of activity may be created similarly.
Setting this task for your students:
- Click 'Set' at the top of the screen.
- Select the required group of students, or click 'add' to create a new group.
- The 'More' tab offers the following options:
- to set a deadline
- to allow students to communicate using the notice board
- to share the task with colleagues by selecting a name from the list
- Click 'Set'.
To supervise or assess a task, select it from the Home screen.