How to set a speaking task
Creating a speaking task:
- Log in at lab.schoolshape.com and click 'Speaking'.
- The default name for the task is 'Speaking activity'. Highlight this to edit.
- Enter general instructions for the task in the space above the audio player.
- Adjust the time limit for student recordings if desired.
Setting this task for your students:
- Click 'Set' at the top of the screen.
- Select the required group of students, or click 'add' to create a new group.
- The 'More' tab offers the following options:
- to set a deadline
- to allow students to communicate using the notice board
- to share the task with colleagues by selecting a name from the list
- Click 'Set'.
To supervise or assess a task, select it from the Home screen.
If the task is for homework, first check with students that they have microphones at home (most laptops, tablets and smartphones have these built in). You may wish to loan a small number of these from the IT department to hand out to students who don't have them at home.
Please bear in mind that if you are using the free version, the amount of recording space is limited.