Worksheets created using the Schoolshape Language Lab have now been converted to work with HTML5 (without the flash plugin, and on mobile phones and tablets). Your students can access your school worksheets from the new home page by clicking the Login button above, if this is allowed in your school settings.
Please note that initially only worksheets which have been previously set as tasks are available. Worksheets will also continue to work with the old flash-based language lab until August 2017.
Jack Burston et al at the Cypress University of Technology have published a new paper on computer-assisted language learning. CUT use the Schoolshape Language Lab in their research, demonstrating how learners acquire spoken language largely through communicative action-based tasks.
We know that many teachers need students to print off hard copies of their answers for the record, and this is now possible with Schoolshape Worksheets. Just press Ctrl-P or choose print from the menu, and you should see a black & white copy of the work without any other widgets on the page.
Aside from supporting all four language skills with multimedia and many kinds of activity, special features include:
- Intelligent spelling and grammar coach for writing activities in four languages (including English), and hint generation for writing errors.
- Correction function for writing activities. Corrections by teachers are converted into mini-activities which students complete rather than simply telling them the right answer.
- Facility for students to privately ask questions
- Assessment facility including two-way discussions between teacher and student
- Support for peer assessement - students can submit work to each other or to exchange partners for assessment as the teacher requires.
Note to Schoolshape Language Lab users: student work in Schoolshape Worksheets is kept separately to Language Lab work, but we will be unified in April 2017.
We have been working hard over the last few weeks on perfecting CloudWriter and now that it is being used every day in over 30 schools, we are proud to announce a general release to the public.
CloudWriter is the best way for students to practise writing, rapidly reducing the number of errors they make while simultaneously reducing teachers' workload.