How to conduct an examination
- Log in at lab.schoolshape.com and click 'Exams'.
- Select the exam you wish to enter from the drop-down list.
- Select the group of students you wish to enter from the drop-down list.
If you have not yet entered students into the system, see these instructions
- Select a senior school (or 'self-moderated') from the drop-down list. Click 'OK'
To conduct the May 2017 CE exam, you will not be able to proceed until 15 May 2017.
- The 'Sound Check' is now displayed. Plug in a microphone and do a test recording:
- Click the round button 'record' and check that the recording cursor is moving.
- Speak for a few seconds and click the square button 'stop'. The recording is now saved.
- To check the recording, click the forward arrow-head 'play'
- If you wish to redo the recording, click 'record'. In the 'Are you sure...?' message, click 'OK'
- This recording should be CD quality at a clearly audible level. If not, see Adjusting your microphone level or ask your IT support to check this for you.
- Click 'Go to exam'.
- Select the first candidate on your list and record the examination as above.
- Either fill in your marks straight away, or continue your exams and return to mark later.
- Your recordings and marks will be automatically made acessible to the senior school moderators at the end of the CE Speaking Tests week.