How to set a task with a video stimulus
Adding video to a resource:
- Log in at lab.schoolshape.com. Click 'Blank' to create a new, blank resource.
- Enter a name for your activity
- Select 'Video' from the stimulus section in the top right. A video screen should appear. Now either:
- Record the video yourself:
- Ensure there is a webcam connected to your computer
- Click the round record button.
- If a permissions window opens, click 'Allow', 'Remember', then 'Close'.
- Wait until the message below the video changes from 'Preparing...' to 'Recording...'
- Record your video and press the square stop button when finished.
- OR upload the video from another source:
- Click the triangular eject button in the bottom right hand corner of the video
- Select a video file in mp3 or flv format. If you are unsure how to do this, ask your IT department for help.
- OR see How to Insert YouTube videos
- Continue creating the resource as per any other of the instructions in this section.
Setting this task for your students:
- Click 'Set' at the top of the screen.
- Select the required group of students, or click 'add' to create a new group.
- The 'More' tab offers the following options:
- to set a deadline
- to allow students to communicate using the notice board
- to share the task with colleagues by selecting a name from the list
- Click 'Set'.
To supervise or assess a task, select it from the Home screen.