Aside from supporting all four language skills with multimedia and many kinds of activity, special features include:
- Intelligent spelling and grammar coach for writing activities in four languages (including English), and hint generation for writing errors.
- Correction function for writing activities. Corrections by teachers are converted into mini-activities which students complete rather than simply telling them the right answer.
- Facility for students to privately ask questions
- Assessment facility including two-way discussions between teacher and student
- Support for peer assessement - students can submit work to each other or to exchange partners for assessment as the teacher requires.
Note to Schoolshape Language Lab users: student work in Schoolshape Worksheets is kept separately to Language Lab work, but we will be unified in April 2017.
We have been working hard over the last few weeks on perfecting CloudWriter and now that it is being used every day in over 30 schools, we are proud to announce a general release to the public.
CloudWriter is the best way for students to practise writing, rapidly reducing the number of errors they make while simultaneously reducing teachers' workload.
CloudWriter has recently added a slew of new features to help students improve their writing skills, including:
- automated real-time grammar hints to help students think about structuring sentences
- checking of feedback given by exchange partners and native speakers for errors
- improved notifications for students and teachers - a question-asking and dialogue system
Following on from the success of the Online Examinations System and the Language Lab, Schoolshape is today announcing a third online service.
Named CloudWriter, the new software will focus on writing skills, supporting students in improving spelling and grammar in modern foreign language learning and literacy skills at primary school level. Students will be able to hone their writing skills in a collaborative environment with native speakers, while teachers can monitor and structure their learning experience.
We are now inviting a schools to participate as alpha testers, please contact us to take part.
The number of junior schools submitting their oral exams via Schoolshape increased again from 88 in 2014 to 91 in 2015.
A total of 141 senior schools elected to moderate the exams in Schoolshape - up from 138 in 2014.
Oral examinations successfully submitted via Schoolshape in May 2015:
CE French Exam L1: 104
CE French Exam L2: 1831
CE German Exam: 8
CE Spanish Exam L1: 65
CE Spanish Exam L2: 166
Total no. of exams: 2174
Total no. of recording hours: 220.6